Weird Canberra Ghost and History Tour
This is the history they don’t put in the guide books, this is a tour that shines a spotlight into the hidden underbelly of the nation’s capital. A unique, three hour experience visiting sites of crimes, hauntings and murder in Australia’s national capital. Visit the darker side of Canberra’s past. Hear tales of:
- The Canberra funeral parlour that was once a hot bed of espionage activity.
- A poltergeist that regularly wreaks havoc in the War Memorial.
- Which Canberra church used to be a train station at Sydney’s Rookwood Necropolis (City of the Dead)?
- An Australian Prime Minister who haunts a popular Canberra hotel.
- Why some security guards refuse to work at Old Parliament House.
- The truth behind tunnels linking the Lodge and Parliament House.
- A $10,000 piece of art buried deep beneath Commonwealth Park.
- The diplomat who was turned into a pin cushion by blood thirsty murderers.
- Missing coffins in Lake Burley Griffin.
- The embassy plagued by screams from the past.
- An old homestead that makes people’s noses bleed.
- The hidden treasure yet to be discovered in Yarralumla.
- A visit to the very spooky Air Disaster Memorial.
- Plus much much more (details subject to change).
The tour departs promptly at 8:00pm from the 7 Eleven Petrol Station in Braddon (crn Mort & Cooyong Streets). Please arrive a few minutes early to ensure we depart on time.